I bought this pattern when it was half price a few weeks ago with these two co-ordinating fabrics from Ditto Fabrics in mind.
McCall’s 7390 is shown on the pattern envelope made using a stripe in two directions and I thought the two florals would work.
Just after I had acquired both the pattern and fabrics, Lori from Girls in the Garden posted her review of the same pattern which made me keen to get to work on my version.
Generally I have a narrow neck and shoulders – I also wanted to add some bust darts to provide a little shape so I cut a size 14 and did a 2.5 cm FBA (2 x 2.5 cm) and added darts.
I think the fit works although Mylo doesn’t seem impressed.
The fabric was nice to sew, allowing nice crisp edges.
I added a bias cut strip to finish the armholes.
I’m pleased with the top although it’s taken a little while to get this post finished. However I can remember what the summer was like!